Saturday 22 September 2012

Hard Protein Treatments

Ladies, I have a confession to make. I NEVER do a hard protein treatment on my hair.

I have only tried the Aphogee 2 Step Protein once since I have been on my hair journey and it was not a pleasant experience. Instead of making my hair stronger and more resilient, I felt that this product made my hair worst. My hair broke like crazy. I thought I was going to have a melt down.

I know many hair gurus swear by doing a hard protein treatment every 6 six weeks but this just does not work for me. Instead I prefer to perform weekly light protein treatments using Fantasia's IC Reconstructor and Organics Hair Mayonnaise. This combination works really well for me and I experience very little breakage.

What are your thoughts on hard protein treatments?
Do they work well for you? 

1 comment:

  1. I have never done a Hard Protein treatment...never needed to. You have healthy hair, so it's really not needed.

    ReplyDelete