Saturday 24 November 2012

Airdrying Relaxed Hair



In an effort to reduce the amount of heat that I use on my hair weekly, I usually air dry my air after my weekly washing. In order to achieve smooth, frizz free hair I employ a few techniques.

Step 1: Dry soaking wet hair to about 20% dry using the T shirt method. This technique can be seen here. When my hair is this wet I do not apply any products to it. I just think it would be a waste.

Step 2: After my hair is 20% dry I apply my leave ins. Currently I use a few products at this step. These are Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1, Smooth and Shine Therapy Silk Fusion. I use a wide tooth comb to evenly distribute the products through my hair. I follow my leave ins with a few drops of Kemi Oyl which I also comb through my hair.

Step 3: I comb all my hair back and put on a headband and allow my hair to hang loose in the back. I leave my hair like this until it dries, which is usually about 3 hours.

I know many people may use a different air drying method but I have found that this works for me.

I hope this helps.

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment