Tuesday 12 July 2011

How to Prolong the Life of your Roller Set





As you all know I am on a quest for healthier hair and I am trying to reduce the amount of heat that I apply to my hair on a daily basis. I just want to share with you a few tips that I have found to help with keeping roller sets for a few days longer.

1. Start with hair that is soaking wet. 
 I have found that my roller sets come out best when my hair is soaking wet. To keep my hair soaking wet during the roller setting process I fill a spray bottle with water and periodically spritz my hair when I feel it getting a little dry.

2. Use setting lotion.  
I have found that roller sets always come out better when you use setting lotion or a foam wrap lotion. I usually use an old school formulation like Lotta body. Just remember to follow the dilution instructions.

3. Pin curl your hair at night. 
 Pin curls can be used to refresh your curls and to ensure that you wake up with nice bouncy curls every day. To do pin curls you should section your hair and use your fingers to roll each section like you would do with a roller.Each section should then be secured with a bobby pin or a roller clip. Remember, the larger the sections, the looser the curl you will achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment