Sunday 17 July 2011

Protective Style



Since my hair has FINALLY reached collar bone length I realise that I have to do more protective styling in order to retain some length. Many people complain that their hair is not growing but don't be misguided, our hair is constantly growing but for many of us the problem is retaining the length. One way to do this is through the use of protective styling. These are hair styles that hide or protect the ends of your hair. 

Our ends are the most fragile parts of our hair and are therefore most susceptible to damage. Persons with hair that is collar bone length and longer must be mindful of the damaging effects of their hair rubbing against their clothing and should incorporate protective styling into their routine.

Lately, my go to protective style has been the southern tease bun. I have found that it is quick and quite easy to perform in the morning when I am rushing out of the house.

Check out this video below that shows how to achieve this style.


No comments:

Post a Comment