Sunday 22 April 2012

DIY Hair Experiment

Last night I did a little experimenting with my hair since I thought I was time for a change. This is the first time that I have ever added tracks to my hair on my own. I took my inspiration from one of the famous Rihanna haircuts. I really like how it came out but of course I only thought to document the process after I was done installing the tracks. 

To achieve this style I used 8 inch human hair in the colour 1B. Since I didn't want the style to appear too bulky in the front I split the weft of the hair in two using a razor. I installed nine tracks hortizontally starting at the close to my hairline and working my way back towards the centre of my head. A razor was used to shape the hair and to ensure that it blended well with my real hair. I prefer to use a razor because it achieves a softer look without any harsh edges.

Did I mention I am loving this cut?



2 comments:

  1. Loving it too..... Id like to see a before pic though please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You can check out the old style here http://mylittleobsessions246.blogspot.com/2012/02/new-hair.html

      Delete