Sunday 3 June 2012

Scalp Health



I have decided to step up my hair care game recently since I have noticed that I have been slacking off a bit. This has led me to do some research about the benefits of head massage and hair follicle stimulation and the general health and cleanliness of my scalp.

The act of massage warms the skin and opens up the blood vessels, thereby increasing blood flow. Increased blood flow to the hair follicle will result in increased nutrient intake which can lead to increased growth. Going by this premise, I purchased a shampoo brush in order to increase the opportunities for scalp stimulation in my hair care routine. In addition to scalp stimulation I also wondered about my ability to really clean my scalp with just my fingers to remove any product build up, sebum and dead skin cells. Since I am now on a quest to regrow my hair ( sigh.... I know, I know) I want to ensure that my hair has the healthiest possible environment to grow in.

I purchased this shampoo brush from my local beauty supply store. 




This brush has soft, rounded plastic teeth on the underside and a handle on the other side. The teeth are soft yet firm enough to adequately exfoliate my scalp and the handle on the reverse side allows me to control the amount of pressure that I exert. I use this brush during my weekly shampooing and I ensure to rub my entire scalp but not too vigorously. I have only been using this brush for the last to weeks so I will let you guys know if I have observed any improvement in the condition of my hair and scalp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment