Sunday 19 August 2012

Caring for Your Sew In Weave Part 2- Wash Day

To some, the thought of washing your hair while you have a sew in installed is a daunting one but it is absolutely necessary especially if you want to keep your natural hair and scalp healthy. To accomplish this task I once again enlist the help of my spray bottle. Even when I am wearing a sew in I use my hair products in the same order as when I am wearing my natural hair but the application method varies.

Shampoo- Conditioner-Light Protein- Moisturising Deep Conditioner

I use the following steps to wash my hair when wearing a sew  in.

1. Detangle your weave, starting at the ends, using a wide tooth comb or your fingers.
2. Dilute your favourite shampoo with water in a spray bottle and shake well to mix.
3.Separate the tracks and spray the shampoo mixture at your roots. Spray enough of this mixture on your hair to saturate your roots.
4.Rub your scalp between your tracks with the pads of your fingers to loosen any build up that may be present on your scalp.
5. Wash the shampoo from  your hair by tilting your head back and allowing the water to flow through your hair.
6. Condition your hair in the same manner using diluted conditioner in a spray bottle
7.At this point it is time for protein. When I am wearing weaved styles I do not like to spend too much time with my hair wet. I just don't like it. Instead of my usual protein treatment I use Fantasia's IC One Minute Reconstructor. 



Since this product is not very thick you may apply this directly to your hair between the tracks and then cover your head with a plastic cap for 1 minute.
8. Wash the reconstructor from your hair using the above mentioned method and follow this by a moisturising deep conditioner.
9. Mix your deep conditioner with water as well in your spray bottle. You may also add your favourite oils to your mixture as well. My deep conditioning mix consists of Creme of Nature Argan Oil Intensive Treatment, Peppermint Oil, Coconut Oil and Hot 6 Oil.

 








10. Spray your conditioning mixture to your hair between your tracks, ensuring to fully saturate your hair with the conditioner mixture.
11. Cover your head with a plastic cap and it under a warm drier or heat cap for 15 minutes.
12. Rinse your hair with water and then perform an ACV rinse to remove any dulling residue.
13. At this point you may style your hair as you desire. Usually I air dry but sometimes it is necessary to dry my natural hair between the tracks with my blow drier.

I hope this was helpful.

Bye 

No comments:

Post a Comment